Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Back from Yellowstone!

Got back yesterday from a family trip to Yellowstone. Got a little fishing in, and a little hiking in, too! Fishing was tough, but I was standing in the middle of the Lamar getting alot of looks but not takes, so it really wasn't that bad!

Will put up some pics and details later.

I can tell you that the fish are not keying on orange like they normally do at this time of the year, even if all the salmon flies are gone, which is not the case on the Lamar River near the confluence with the Yellowstone because I had several crawling on me at some point during the day.

Anyway, look for to some details on taking kids into the near-backcountry (two mile hike or so) and what to do with them when they get there.....that was my big experience over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment