Friday, July 22, 2011

Re-use Huggies Wipes Container to Make a Fly-Box!

I make an effort to recycle and re-use when possible, mostly because God has demanded that we take care of what He gave us. So, when I realized last year that we have A LOT of Huggies wipes containers going into the recycle box, I thought there had to be a way to reuse it. I thought I’d try making a fly box out of it, and I was successful.

This is a really easy way to expand your carrying capacity for flies, and it is really inexpensive. Here are the steps….seriously very simple!:

1. Find empty containers of the Huggies wipes that come with a box of diapers. Ask anyone with kids! You want the thin container that comes free with a box of diapers, not the really thick box that is purchased separately.

IMG_1330  

2. Get a pad of fly box refills.

flybox refill

3. Open the empty wipe box.

4. Apply fly box refill to one side. You can try both sides, but I find that putting flies on both sides results in squashed flies. If both sides will have nymphs, then you should be able to do that with no problem.

IMG_1332

5. Go fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment